Magma Sketchbook: Idea Generation
Artists have always relied on their sketchbooks. This was true for artists working within a fine art tradition and is just as true today in the age of Macs, digital cameras and computer-generated imagery. This new line of sketchbooks addresses the needs of contemporary practitioners: illustrators, designers, art directors, fashion designers, filmmakers and anyone within the creative industries. Helpful and user-friendly, these sketchbooks tread that fine line between giving users practical tools and information while not interfering with their creative freedom. They are also made entirely out of eco-friendly materials.
This Idea Generation sketchbook includes 136 blank pages with idea prompts for creative thinking, plus 16 pages of exercises and useful information on how to get from a problem to a solution, the four stages of the creative process, mind mapping and free association, reframing your proposition and using random stimulus.
I work as a UX designer and creative lead for apps and digital products. These notebooks are the best, and here's why:
1. The art reference in the back is super useful.
2. The books is durable and flexible; I can carry it anywhere, and it won't fall apart.
3. The red cover is eye-catching and a conversation starter.
4. Three placeholders help me keep track of multiple pages at once; super handy when juggling multiple projects!
5. The paper absorbs ink nicely... The Moleskin I had was constantly smudgy from the pens I like to use; this one keeps the ink locked in and doesn't let it bleed through to the other side.
6. There's a ruler on the inside front cover...
7. There's a f*cking pocket in the back! Great for carrying printed stuff to meetings.
Anyway, I wanna order 10 more of these!