Magma Sketchbook: Architecture
Artists have always relied on their sketchbooks. This was true for artists working within a fine art tradition and is just as true today in the age of Macs, digital cameras and computer-generated imagery. This new line of sketchbooks addresses the needs of contemporary practitioners: illustrators, designers, art directors, fashion designers, filmmakers and anyone within the creative industries. Helpful and user-friendly, these sketchbooks tread that fine line between giving users practical tools and information while not interfering with their creative freedom. They are also made entirely out of eco-friendly materials.
Magma Sketchbook: Architecture includes 120 blank and gridded pages and printed scale rulers (both metric and imperial), plus 16 pages of useful information on architectural styles, drawing types, circulation, room layouts, furniture and fittings, structural elements and sustainability.
I work as a UX designer and creative lead for apps and digital products. These notebooks are the best, and here's why:
1. The art reference in the back is super useful.
2. The books is durable and flexible; I can carry it anywhere, and it won't fall apart.
3. The red cover is eye-catching and a conversation starter.
4. Three placeholders help me keep track of multiple pages at once; super handy when juggling multiple projects!
5. The paper absorbs ink nicely... The Moleskin I had was constantly smudgy from the pens I like to use; this one keeps the ink locked in and doesn't let it bleed through to the other side.
6. There's a ruler on the inside front cover...
7. There's a f*cking pocket in the back! Great for carrying printed stuff to meetings.
Anyway, I wanna order 10 more of these!