Les Confitures a l'Ancienne Love Jam
Brand: Les Confitures a l'Ancienne
Filled with a delicious mix of passion fruit, strawberries, and roses, Love Jam by Les Confituresa l'Ancienneis the perfect jam to show someone you care. Spread this jam onto toast or scones, use it as a filling for a cake, or make heart-shaped thumb print cookies to really display your love. However you use this Love Jam, your taste buds will be grateful and your loved ones will feel appreciated.
- 16 tsp (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup plus 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Les Confitures a l’Ancienne Love Jam
- Preheat oven to 325°F; line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Beat butter and 2/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla, then flour and salt. Shape dough into 2 disks; wrap 1 in plastic and refrigerate.
- On a floured surface, roll out remaining disk to about a 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter. Use a smaller heart cutter to cut a window out of half of cookies. With a spatula, carefully transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Gather scraps and roll out again to make more cookies.
- Bake cookies in batches until edges of cookies are just golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies onto wire racks to let cool completely.
- Spread 3/4 tsp. jam over flat side of each cookie that doesn’t have a window. Top with remaining cookies, flat side down, so that jam shows through windows. Carefully sift 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar over cookies.